31) A gas can be liquefied by pressure alone when its temperature is?
(A) Higher than the critical temperature
(B) Lower than its critical temperature
(C) Equal to its critical temperature
32) Gases can be compressed to a greater extent because?
(A) Molecules are elastic
(B) There is no gap between molecules
(C) These are lighter than liquids
(D) There is a large space between the molecules
33) The cooling caused by the expansion of a compressed gas below its inversion temperature without doing external work is called
(A) Joule Thomson effect
(B) Adiabatic demagnetism
(C) Faraday Tyndall effect
(D) Compton effect
34) Which of the following solutions will have the highest boiling point?
(A) 1% glucose in water
(B) 1% Sucrose in water
(C) 1% NaCl in water
(D) 1% CaCl2 in water
35) Sea water is converted into fresh water by using the phenomenon of
(C) Reverse osmosis
36) When glycerine is added to a litre of water, which of the following is observed?
(A) Water evaporates more easily
(B) The temperature of water increases
(C) The freezing point of water is lowered
(D) The viscosity of water is lowered
37) At high altitudes the boiling point of water decreases because?
(A) Atmospheric pressure is low
(B) Temperature is low
(C) Atmospheric pressure is high
(D) Water is cold
38) A pressure cooker reduces cooking time because?
(A) Heat is more evenly distributed
(B) B.P of water inside the cooker is increased
(C) The high pressure tenderises the food
(D) A longer flame is used
39) Smoke is an example of?
(A) Gas dispersed in liquid
(B) Gas dispersed in solid
(C) Solid dispersed in gas
(D) Solid dispersed in solid
40) Mixture of two metals is called