31) He felt great ___ for his daughter.
32) Martin met a ___ accident and died et the spot.
33) Although buses are ___ to depart at a certain hour, they are often late.
34) Because light travels faster than sound lightning appears to ___ thunder.
(C) go before
35) If one helps a criminal, he is also considered ___ of the crime.
36) The Supreme Court has a reputation for being ___.
37) The ___ motion of the earth as it turns its axis creates the change of seasons.
38) If the teams were not so evenly matched, it would be easier to ___ the outcome of the match.
39) They refuse to ___ defeat.
40) All the family members will get together on the ___ day of Christmas.